You might have just picked up a new set of Bluetooth wireless headphones, but just what does that mean, and how can you get them connected to your computer? Be aware that it is simple and easy to jump into the universe while you may feel intimidated by the process. Instructions in this article apply to Windows Mac computers as well as 10, 8, 7, and 7.
Be Sure That Your Computer Has Bluetooth
First, confirm that the Windows PC or Mac you would like to use includes Bluetooth technology built. Depending on which stage you’re utilizing, check the proper education below to go about the easy procedure. As we’ll address that slight obstacle, if you don’t end up using Bluetooth on your system, do not fret.
CHECK FOR BLUETOOTH ON A WINDOWS PC
In case you’ve got a Windows PC, we have to look at whether your pc has Bluetooth 25, an application known to see. As follows, you can go through this process.
- Select Start.
- Sort”Device Manager” into the search box.
- Select Device Manager from the listing that appears.
- From the window which appears, expand Network Adapters.
- In the list that expands, look for whatever says Bluetooth. If the list shows a device then you’ve got a Bluetooth adapter in your machine and may proceed to another step.
CHECK FOR BLUETOOTH ON A MAC
If you’ve got a Mac, select System Preferences in the Apple menu and then select Bluetooth. If the Bluetooth preferences screen options to enable Bluetooth and make your device discoverable, Bluetooth is installed.
When You’ve Got No Bluetooth Device Installed
Don’t fret a lot if you don’t have a Bluetooth device. While most computers already have the hardware, it is easy to add on by seeing with your technology merchant and purchasing a ‘Bluetooth Dongle;’ this is a tiny device that plugs into one of the available USB ports of your computer. You may then proceed As soon as you install the device in your machine.
Establishing Your New Bluetooth Headphones in Windows
The process for establishing your Bluetooth headset is quite straightforward, but varies based on if you have Mac or a Windows PC. At a step from the procedure, you will want to put your headphones into what’s called ‘Discovery Mode.’ Each set of cans accomplish this differently, and so you’ll need to reference your headphone instructions.
‘Discovery Mode’ can be activated by turning off the cans, then holding the power button down until a set of indicator lights begin to flash. Note that a few cans might stay in this manner for a limited time before resuming routine operation.
- Make sure your cans are in Discovery Mode according to the manufacturer’s directions.
- Select Start and input”Devices and Printers” into the Search box.
- Select Printers and Scanners from Windows 10 or Devices and Printers from Windows 8 or Windows 7 in the list that appears.
- Select Bluetooth and Other Devices from the left pane of the Printers and Scanners or Devices and Printers window. Choose Add Bluetooth or Other Device.
- Permit a moment to the computer to find your device and pick it in the list.
- After a few minutes, your Windows PC should alert you that the pairing was successful.
On a Mac computer, select System Preferences in the Apple menu, then click Bluetooth. Patiently while your Mac hunts on your device, wait. Select Pair when your headphones appear in Bluetooth preferences.
Now, whenever you turn on your cans, and they’re in range, they will automatically connect to a Windows PC or Mac. This process we just performed, understand pairing, only has to be done once at setup.
Fixing Possible Bluetooth Issues
If you find that your headphones haven’t paired with your notebook, we recommend starting again in the start of the setup procedure. Switch your headphones off, so that you can affirm to put the device into discovery mode, and make sure you assess the guide.